ACCA is a career option for anybody with passion and determination to become the most sought-after business management and finance professional. Lakhs of commerce students in our country pursue ACCA after their 12th, B.com, BBA. With consistency in preparation, it is possible to crack all three levels by the age of 20.
Before we get into further details let’s find out some basic information about ACCA.
ACCA stands for the association of chartered certified accountant.
- To complete ACCA it is necessary you pass in 13 ACCA papers at three different levels.
- Complete an ethics module.
- Gain three years of relevant work experience. This could either be during or after the completion of ACCA.
The first four papers, i.e., paper1-paper 4 are com
puter-based. These are objective-based exams and can be taken throughout the year.
From the 5th paper onwards, the exams are conducted 4 times a year, i.e., during March, June, September, and December. The paper pattern for these exams is a mixture of objective and subjective questions.
All that you require to crack these exams are:
- A good understanding of the basic, and intermediate concepts of accountancy, commerce, economics, and every other commerce-related paper that you have dealt with during your 11th and 12th standard.
- Marks during your school days matters the least here because a student with a good understanding of the basic concepts cracks ACCA easily compared to any student with high grades in boards.
- There have been students who scored average in their boards, still managed to crack ACCA. So, it is all about knowledge and not about marks or grades.
- It is advisable to make a study schedule and follow that on a regular basis. This helps in being consistent and builds a strong unbreakable foundation. Making a study schedule is very important for students who are pursuing ACCA along with their UG course because you have the responsibility to perform well there as well.
The pattern in which you choose to appear for the exams totally depends on your choice.
you might want to appear for one exam at a time every three months. 9 out of 13 of the ACCA papers are covered in the B.com syllabus making it easier to clear the exams. So, it is a win-win situation for the ACCA aspirants pursuing B.com.
The global pass percentage is usually as high as 50% and within India, it is even high making it much easier for the students to crack ACCA.
If you are still skeptical about this you should consider looking into reasons why students fail to crack ACCA,
- Poor planning
- Poor understanding
- Lacking basic conceptual knowledge
- Slacking Poor time management
- Self-doubt, and so on
With determination and perspiration, anything is achievable. All we need is the right guidance. Some of the best educational organizations in Coimbatore belong to the Hindusthan institutions. They focus on providing the best coaching for ACCA. The institution aims to provide numerous opportunities for students in academics, Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. It is an institution that stands top among the educational institutions of the entire region.