The treadmill is a popular aerobic exercise machine. Not only is it a versatile cardio machine, it also helps you lose extra weight, and also working on the treadmill has other benefits.
For instance, you can use the treadmill all year round. You can watch a TV show while exercising. Handrails on the treadmill are best if you’re recovering from an injury. It reduces the risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases and improves sleep. It also helps to boost your mood and improve your brain function. Its an ideal option for all fitness levels. It’s also easily become a part of your home gym.
Treadmill is the right choice for anyone who wants to lose weight, and let’s look for possible workout programs and tips for treadmill weight loss.
High-intensity interval training
This workout includes alternatives to high-intensity exercise and relaxation. A 2017 study Trusted Source shows that HIIT exercises are a great way to reduce body fat and burning calories in less time. Working extra hard in the short period burns more calories. This results in weight loss. After a HIIT routine, your body naturally tries to return to relax. The body does this by metabolizing fat to energy.
Here’s how to make HIIT on a treadmill:
- Set the treadmill. Since it is flat, walk at 2mph for 5 minutes for warm up.
- Run at 9 to 10 mph for 30 seconds.
- Walk at 3 to 4 mph for 60 seconds.
- Repeat 5 to 10 times.
- Walk at 2 mph for 5 minutes to cool down.
For more advanced workout, switch between jogging and sprinting. You can add more minutes to each set of high intensity.
Get out of a rut
- Another way to do weight loss on the treadmill is to change your routine. You can switch to a different workout each time. You can:
- Reduce your risk for injury: Repeating the same type of workout will put pressure on your joints and increase the risk of injury. It will set you back.
- Avoid a training plateau: The more you do a certain workout, the less likely you’re to get results. Your body needs to be faced
- Prevent boredom: If you do your workout regularly, you’re generally more likely to stick.
The different treadmill workouts and balanced workouts are put together and a sample workout plan is presented here:
- Sunday: rest, leisurely walk, or gentle yoga
- Monday: treadmill HIIT routine for 20 to 30 minutes
- Tuesday: treadmill jogging lightly and strength practicing
- Wednesday: rest, leisurely walk, or gentle yoga
- Thursday: treadmill jogging lightly and strength practicing
- Friday: usual treadmill HIIT for 20 to 30 minutes
- Saturday: barre class or workout of bodyweight
There are features, types, and other things to know in the treadmill buying guide.