Mathematics is the doorway to a brighter and promising career path. Do you have outstanding mathematical abilities? Then you are in high-demand in the job market. The field of math is rewarding, challenging, and at the same time, exciting.
It is one of the famous fundamental sciences that deal with numbers, calculations, and studies properties, relationships, quantities, and measurements. Mathematics has become an inevitable part of our daily life. The subject has high regard amidst the student’s community. You often receive words of encouragement when you choose Maths (MS) as your career option.
Skills Needed to Choose Math
A Mathematical aspirant must have the following in-built skills,
- Logical reasoning
- Outstanding ability to solve math problems
- Accurate thinking
Major divisions of Mathematics
Math has two significant classifications like
- Applied Mathematics – comprise the application of mathematical strategies in the field of science, business, engineering, and industry.
- Theoretical Mathematics– also termed Pure Math covers the basic concepts and structures of the subject.
The versatile subject finds its employment opportunities in mathematical modelling, cryptography, statistics, teaching, and much more. It is one of the exceptional fields where the higher you move in your study ladder, the level of logical reasoning increases.
Courses in Math
- B.Sc. (Hons)
- B.Sc. Actuarial Science
The undergraduate courses are available for students upon the completion of schooling with maths as one of the main subjects. Actuarial Science requires maths, economics, and accountancy as core subjects at the higher secondary level.
M.Sc. – requires B.Sc. or B.Sc. (Hons)
M.Phil – needs M.Sc. in Mathematics.
Ph.D. – M.Phil and passing in the qualifying UGC NET/ M.Sc. Mathematics.
Careers Possibilities in MS
- The job roles involve the analyses of statistical data like mortality and birth rates, retirement rates, and much more.
- Actuaries devise new policies and terms for companies and people to reduce financial risks.
Only people with a high level of mathematical abilities can succeed in this career path. The average income is around three lakhs to twenty lakhs per annum that varies according to the organization and experience.
There are two types of mathematicians – theoretical and applied.
- Applied Mathematician – use mathematical concepts to solve complex problems in Scientific, Economics, and Engineering realms.
- Theoretical Mathematician – try to develop new Mathematical principles and discover new improvisations to the existing ones.
The salary for the Mathematicians is around three lakhs to eight lakhs per annum that differs according to the industry and experience.
- They collect, decode, assess numerical inputs, and apply related theories to derive valuable information.
- For instance, they study the level of acceptance and safety features of products before the product launch.
The salary for the Statistician is around two lakhs to ten lakhs per annum that varies according to the organization and experience.
Apart from the above, you can land in the job roles of MS Professor, Cost Estimator, Computer System Analyst, Operation Research Analyst, Software Engineers, and much more.
The courses and career opportunities for Mathematics are brighter and are always on up-hill. Be a part of the exciting career by enrolling at Institutions to acquire a degree in M.Phil Maths. The college offers the most comprehensive courses that enable you to become a successful professional.