Cats are the cutest pet animals in the world. This is also a play full mate with your children at home. Most often, you may have their kittens in your home. On the other hand, you may get an orphaned kitten from your nearby area. It is advisable to know newborn feeding schedule, as must to nourish them until they are one year old. It is advisable to consult with a veterinarian and provide them a prescribed pet food. You can also order those kitten foods from online pet food stores.
Small Kitten with their Mama
In case your female cat delivers kitten in your home, it is advisable to not to disturb them for the first four weeks. Since, the kitten needs the heat and mammas milk in the first four-week time to nourish them well. It is advisable not to touch them for a month time. After one month you can see them moving little bit, at this time you must go for newborn feeding schedule for kitten.
- Try to find the best replacer milk for kitten and try to feed them in a pet bottle
- You must feed them at least six times in between 4 to 6 week old
- You must reduce the replacer milk when they are nearing 9 weeks old
- Use sterilized pet bottles and dishes
- Handle properly when you feed them
- Make of point of eating place so that they can come their when they feel hungry
Small Kitten without their Mama
If you got an orphan kitten or the mama cat has ignored milk feeding for any feeding trouble with mama cat, you need more attention to save them. The newborn feeding schedule is there to assist you in such mother less kitten or mama cat ignored kittens.
- Consult with a nearest veterinarian and feed as per his advice
- The veterinarian can prescribe all those necessary kitten food, which are required up to one year old.
- When you feed a newborn kitten, it is advisable to hold them in a furry towel.
- Place them in your hand with kittens belly on your palm and feed them as they are with mama cat
- Buy the best replacer milk available for kittens from a pet shop or from the online pet store
- Feed 6 to 8 times when they are up to six months old
- After six months reduce the feeding schedule to 4 times
- While nearing to nine month try to add semi liquid foods and dry foods
- Buy all dry foods and canned food from pet shop only meant for cats
- Do not feed any homemade food for your kittens
- Re place the pet bottles and come to bowel feeding after eight weeks
- Decrease your feeding schedule by three times a day after nine weeks
- After nine weeks feed them with dry foods weekly thrice, such that they make a habit to eat them with a liking.