How to lead a fun with life? Chameleons are fascinating pets. You need to care for the high maintenance to keep them happy and healthy. Proper care involves setting up, maintaining enclosure appropriate, and caring for the basic needs that they have. In addition to a clean and controlled environment, chameleons need regular nutrition and proper health care. If you can manage all of this, your chameleon is likely to live a healthy life.
Setting up your chameleon’s home
Purchase or build a reptarium. It is usually a glass tank, it can be a mesh top or wire cage on it.
Chameleons are solitary animals, and they don’t like other chameleons. So set a reptarium for each chameleon. Make sure there is a lot of space for growing chameleons.
Put plants and climbing limbs in the cage
You can use real plants or fake plants to keep your new pets comfortable. They can be placed in real or bogus trees that are convenient to climb to the top of the cage. Veiled chameleons will need more plants than others.
Place a heat lamp made for reptarium on the top of the tank. This will allow the chameleon to come up to get in the heat if it wants some warmth.
If you like to install a moisture system in the reptarium, you can install it. You can mist your chameleon’s home. Line the bottom of the reptarium with newspaper or paper towels. This is because they absorb the animal’s waste.
Feeding your chameleon
Food crickets commonly purchased for chameleons. For your chameleon can also buy other insects like wax worms, meal worms, super worms, flies, moths, and grasshoppers. These will give the chameleon a balanced diet.
The crickets need to be fed a nutritious diet. Crickets help your chameleon get the nutrients it needs. Crickets should be covered in calcium powder. This helps the chameleon get its calcium when it eats the bug. Feed your chameleon a cricket or two every day. Replace one of the crickets with another insect once every few days. It will stir its mind and give it something new to hunt.
Keeping your chameleon healthy
Measure the humidity level in the daily bracket with a hydrometer. Make sure the humidity level doesn’t increase or decrease.
Spray or mist your chameleon daily. You can spray water on the leaves using a spray bottle in your enclosures. It increases the humidity and helps your chameleon drink as well. Establish a relationship with a veterinarian who treats reptiles.
Clean the tank lightly every day. Eliminate excess food at the bottom of the cage daily to prevent parasites and bacteria from forming. Replace wet bedding. Remove any stool matter found on the bedding surface.
Clean your chameleon’s tank from top to bottom every week. Create a cleaning solution using a cup of warm water and a dish soap. Spray it on walls, floors, and fake plants and rocks to remove any fecal matter and urine. Use a paper towel to clean and dry of all surfaces.
Keep an eye out for signs of illness. If so, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Cats are the cutest pet animals in the world. This is also a play full mate with your children at home. Most often, you may have their kittens in your home. On the other hand, you may get an orphaned kitten from your nearby area. It is advisable to know newborn feeding schedule, as must to nourish them until they are one year old. It is advisable to consult with a veterinarian and provide them a prescribed pet food. You can also order those kitten foods from online pet food stores.
Small Kitten with their Mama
In case your female cat delivers kitten in your home, it is advisable to not to disturb them for the first four weeks. Since, the kitten needs the heat and mammas milk in the first four-week time to nourish them well. It is advisable not to touch them for a month time. After one month you can see them moving little bit, at this time you must go for newborn feeding schedule for kitten.
- Try to find the best replacer milk for kitten and try to feed them in a pet bottle
- You must feed them at least six times in between 4 to 6 week old
- You must reduce the replacer milk when they are nearing 9 weeks old
- Use sterilized pet bottles and dishes
- Handle properly when you feed them
- Make of point of eating place so that they can come their when they feel hungry
Small Kitten without their Mama
If you got an orphan kitten or the mama cat has ignored milk feeding for any feeding trouble with mama cat, you need more attention to save them. The newborn feeding schedule is there to assist you in such mother less kitten or mama cat ignored kittens.
- Consult with a nearest veterinarian and feed as per his advice
- The veterinarian can prescribe all those necessary kitten food, which are required up to one year old.
- When you feed a newborn kitten, it is advisable to hold them in a furry towel.
- Place them in your hand with kittens belly on your palm and feed them as they are with mama cat
- Buy the best replacer milk available for kittens from a pet shop or from the online pet store
- Feed 6 to 8 times when they are up to six months old
- After six months reduce the feeding schedule to 4 times
- While nearing to nine month try to add semi liquid foods and dry foods
- Buy all dry foods and canned food from pet shop only meant for cats
- Do not feed any homemade food for your kittens
- Re place the pet bottles and come to bowel feeding after eight weeks
- Decrease your feeding schedule by three times a day after nine weeks
- After nine weeks feed them with dry foods weekly thrice, such that they make a habit to eat them with a liking.